Welcome

We have finally succumbed to the world of blogging.


The purpose - to help keep our customers and interested pilots fully informed about the arrival of the newest equipment and to endorse other items from our product range which we feel warrant further attention. We also aim to provide reviews/feedback direct to you from our customers, as well as broadcasting news of any special promotions which from time to time we may run.This blog will also serve as a simple portal for other interesting 'snippets’ of flying related gossip.


For an enlarged view of any of the posted shots just double click on the photo



Wednesday 19 May 2010

Going XC on the 3


Monday the 17th was to be my second flight on the new XC3 and hopefully a chance to get a comparison against the very sorted M3 from Ozone. Taking off ( simplicity itself) into a good cycle soon had me exploring the site ( a new one for me) and it was not long before I was making my move to the next suitable ridge 10km downwind. The glide was excellent though again I was unable to do a comparison as the wing had me floating downwind on a buoyant line without company.
The flight itself was technical and with the wing very much looking after itself I was free to make tactical decisions on where best to fly. Transitions crosswind to avoid spread-out seemed simple just point and go. The speed bar is easy to apply and feels very solid even on 3/4 bar it also did not seem to degrade my glide much. Doing 3 figure flights from the Lake District is still a very uncommon thing, However I think like our political scene, we are at a time of change. My second flight on this wing was only the 6th 100+km flight completed from the Lakes and the 3rd this year. This wing above anything else allows the pilot to spend more time on making the most from your decisions rather than spending valuable energy on flying the wing.
The XC3 is what flying PG should be all about.

Here is a link to the test results. http://www.para-test.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=30&Itemid=37